‘Personal Information’ is any information recorded about a person where their identity is known or could reasonably be worked out. When dealing with The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia this information may include (but is not limited to):
Date of Birth or Age
Contact telephone number(s)
Payment details such as credit card information
Any feedback or customer survey responses relating to your use of The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia product or service.
Private Health Insurance Fund and Membership Number
‘Health information’ is a particular kind of ‘personal information’ and attracts additional privacy protection because of its sensitivity. Health Information includes information about a person’s health, disability, use of health services, or other personal information collected from someone when delivering a health service. It also includes your personal biometric measurements carried out using the bio-impedance body composition scales which provide details of your body fat, visceral fat, metabolic age, weight, height, muscle mass, BMI, body water, bone mass and other specific bio-metric data. The only health information collected and recorded by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia is information for which you have provided your prior consent (for example, agreeing to these terms and conditions by download the APP, or agreeing for your Doctor to provide us with your information in order to provide you with our products and services and to personalise our products and services to you).
Sensitive health information that you may choose to provide to The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may include (but is not limited to):
- Pathology test (blood tests)
- Blood pressure results
- Height, weight, muscle mass, body fat %, visceral fat %, metabolic age, BMR (at rest)
- Food allergies / other sensitivities
- Diagnosed chronic diseases (eg. Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease)
- Medical procedures (eg. Knee replacement)
- Names of nominated healthcare professionals
- Health Status Questionnaire
- Your meal plan (whether prescribed by a Doctor), your body measurements and vital stats (whether they were measured by a prescribing Doctor), or weight loss goals, how much weight you want to lose, your exercise regime, or your sentiments and achievements regarding weight loss.
When does The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia collect personal information?
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may collect Personal Information from you when you:
- see a prescribing Doctor listed on our website in order to provide you with information in relation to your overall health / body composition, summarise your body composition results, provide you with our products and services following on from that consultation and any follow up consultation to keep you informed of your progress, motivated to stay on track to transform your health and to recognise how far you have come with your health.
- Interact with our websites, app(s), services, content and advertising.
- Register an account on our website or app(s).
- Share your success story with us online, via social media, in person, via email, or in any other way
- Submit a form on our website or app(s).
- Purchase a product from us.
- enrol in the Doctor’s prescribed weight loss meal program co-ordinated by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia.
- Undertake a self-assessment questionnaire hosted by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia.
- Provide feedback.
- Where it is practicable, information is only collected directly from the individual concerned.
- The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia website (which might include the time and date you accessed it).
- your doctor, but only with your prior consent.
- your parent or guardian.
- utilise our business service providers and contractors to obtain access to our products and services.
Why your Personal Information is collected and used
We use information that we collect for the following purposes, or a directly related purpose:
- To facilitate your access to our website, services, products, app(s), etc.
- To deliver our products and services to you, as well as troubleshooting and making improvements to our service including recognising your achievements / progress to your health.
- to personalise our service to you and update you on your progress to your health.
- To help keep you motivated to stay on track with your goals.
- To customise our service for you, such as making a meal plan recommendation based on the goal or objective you provide.
- To measure and analyse the performance of our website, app(s), and other services such as advertising and marketing.
- To send you marketing and promotional messages, which you may opt out of at any time.
- To facilitate surveys, contests, rewards, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us.
- Conduct evaluations of our products, material, programs and services.
- Assist us in conducting or participating in pilot programs.
- Promote educational activities.
- Assist us to perform our corporate and contractual obligations.
- To notify you about new products, promotions, and relevant information which we think you will find valuable. You have the option not to receive these types of communications.
- Using your profile photos (front, back and side) progress / results / and differences from initial measure up and later measure ups which are available in APP and information provided by your prescribing Doctor which have been uploaded onto the APP for social media purposes / marketing purposes. All photos will not be identifiable.
- to understand at a group level the efficacy of the program and the success of our patients in improving their individual biometrics.
When does The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia collect health information?
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will only collect sensitive health information from you (as described above) during the Doctor’s prescribed weight loss meal program co-ordinated by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia, when you interact with our website and in particular our app(s), you contact us to make a consumer enquiry or complaint about a particular The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia product or service, when you have undertaken a The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia self-assessment survey and have agreed that you would like to be contacted to discuss the outcomes further.
Why does The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia collect health information?
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will only collect health information that is necessary to provide its services to you to improve your health, wellbeing, help you reach your goals, acknowledge your progress, respond to your enquiry, complaint or requests, provide self-assessment reports and to adequately co-ordinate and manage the provision of out products, tools and services that are personalised to you (with ongoing supervision from your own healthcare professional) in specific programs that you may be enrolled in. We will also collect, analyse and report on the effectiveness and acceptability of the services, programs and success of patients at a group level per biometrics (e.g. females and % of improvement of body fat) provided by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia, to undertake research related to our objectives, mission and goals or generate data, studies, reports to understand the effectiveness of the programs and outcomes, or feedback material provided to other health professionals or professional bodies such as Australian health insurers. This aggregated de-identified data may also be used in our evaluation studies and reports.
Only de-identified aggregate data will be used in reports; no individuals will be identifiable.
Who is collecting the health information?
Health information will be collected by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia via an online database (data is entered directly by the individual concerned). The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia employees who have access to your health information must sign and abide by the Privacy and Confidentiality Agreement. The operational functioning of the online database is managed by a company that subcontracts to The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia however they have no access to, nor visibility of, your health information.
Who has access to collected health information?
Only The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia including those responsible for delivering or reporting on weight loss / chronic disease programs will have access to your health information. No identifiable health information will be provided (loaned, sold or otherwise) by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia to any other company or unauthorised individual unless you provide your explicit consent to do so. The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will not provide any identifiable health information to your employer or private health insurance company or any other parties unless you provide your explicit consent to do so. You can request access to your health information held by The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia at any time. Also, you can ask for information about you to be corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out-of-date. The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will take all reasonable steps to correct your information. Under certain legislation we must disclose patient information when required by or under an Australian law or a court / tribunal order.
How is information collected and stored?
Information is collected either in paper, or electronic form.
Electronic records are held on secure password protected computers and are protected by firewalls. Electronic records are permanently purged from all computer systems within 3 months of the relevant program being finalised. Your identifiable health information will not be transferred out of Australia.
Security of data
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia website takes every precaution possible to protect your Personal Information and Health Information. This includes the use of Firewalls and when purchasing from The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using industry standard SSL encryption technology.
Cookies and Opt-out
Cookies are small files which store data on your device to enable websites to operate correctly. These cookies ensure we serve the correct page to you and provide you with an optimal experience. This information may also be collected and used, when aggregated and anonymised, to help us understand site usage and user behaviour on our website or app(s), and to allow us to improve our website, app(s) and services.
When you click a link to or on our website or app(s), you furnish us with the IP address of your device so that we can deliver content to you. Furthermore, if you place an order online using a credit card, we specifically record your IP address with the use of the credit card as part of our fraud prevention measures.
If you no longer wish to receive some or all of the communications we regularly send to our customers (such as newsletters, product information and specials), you may request at any time to have your preferences updated. To change your preferences simply click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of a The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia email or write to us, phone us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access or correction of data
You may request access to, or have corrections made to, the Personal Information or Health Information we hold about you simply by writing to us, phoning us or emailing us at email@example.com.
Asking a question or making a complaint
Post: Privacy Officer
Address: 396 Stanley Rd, Carina, Qld, 4152
Phone: 0476 193 263