- THE DOCTOR’S KITCHEN AUSTRALIA COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The Food Dr Pty Ltd ABN 26 605 379 388 trading as The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia (The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia, we, our, or us) respects your privacy, and is committed to complying with its obligations contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals it deals with, and will treat your personal information confidentially and according to the Act.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will collect your personal information in a fair and lawful manner. Where it is practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide you with our products or services and carry out our operations. However, sometimes we also collect your personal information from the following mediums:
- the The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia website (which might include the time and date you accessed it);
- your doctor, but only with your prior written consent;
- your parent or guardian;
- our business service providers and contractors.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may collect personal information from you when:
- you submit an enquiry or application form online via the The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia website;
- you submit any other information directly via the The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia website;
- in performing The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia’s assessment of your enquiry, including any subsequent discussions in any form, whether verbally, in writing, electronically or otherwise;
- it is administering any of its services;
- you contact The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia by telephone;
- you email The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia; or
- you have contact with The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia in person.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will collect, use and disclose your personal information only for the particular purpose that you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may otherwise use your personal information where that other use is required or permitted by law or with your express or implied consent.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The kinds of personal information that The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will collect about you will depend on the type of interaction that we have with you. For example, The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may collect your personal and sensitive information when you apply to become our client and use our services, which may include your name and contact details, date of birth, medical history and any previous health and weight-loss services and products you have received from The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia.
- Clients, Prospective Clients and the General Public
We may collect your name, age, gender, telephone number, address, email address, medical history, health information, payment details (including credit card and debit card details) as well as any previous weight-loss services and products that you have received from us. In our day-to-day dealings with you, we may collect information relating to general weight-loss matters, product enquiries, as well as complaints.
- Business Service Providers and Contractors
In the context of our business relationship, we may collect your name, ABN or ACN, address telephone number, email address, DOB and any other relevant information that we need to be able to provide the product and services.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may also collect your name and contact details which you provide to us, in order to respond to your questions and comments about The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia and its products and services.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will only collect your personal and sensitive information where you have consented, or otherwise in accordance with the law.
You are not required to disclose your personal information to The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia, however, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with any health and weight-loss products or services that you have requested, or provide you with an appropriate response to your enquiries.
- USE AND SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The way in which The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will use and disclose your personal information depends on the reasons for which it was collected.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will only use or disclose your personal information for the main reason for which it was collected (such as to provide you with health and weight-loss products or services, or to respond to your enquiry), for a directly related purpose, or otherwise where you have consented to such use or disclosure or the use or disclosure is in accordance with the law.
Some of the specific instances where The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia will collect, use and disclose your information is to:
- provide you with marketing and promotional material regarding medical, health and weight-loss opportunities and information concerning the medical, health and weight-loss industry and services;
- undertake research (i.e. market research or health and weight-loss services and products research, the results of which may be published but without your personal information (except with your prior consent));
- provide you with any of our products and services;
- manage and administer our products and services;
- add you to our mailing list where you have subscribed to our newsletter; and
- investigate your feedback regarding our products and services.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website, then information will be released.
The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails, SMS, account information, and customer service details and updates. The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia may also, from time to time, use your personal information for other purposes including with health and weight-loss updates and information, information about other products and services, details of current promotions and so that it can undertake market research or research into health and weight-loss services and products.
If you do not wish to receive these communications from The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia, please email us at email@example.com.
We do not collect your personal information for any third party agent/service providers not related directly to The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com
This policy does not create or confer upon any individual any rights, or impose upon The Doctor’s Kitchen Australia any rights or obligations outside of, or in addition to, those imposed by the Act.
- POLICY UPDATE