The Doc's Weight Loss Meals
Dropping your body fat, even just by 5%, has been shown to directly reduce the risk of certain conditions such as cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Our exclusive MEDICAL weight loss meals are personalised to you by our Doctors to help accelerate your fat loss and fit your weight loss and health goals.
It's an exciting new opportunity in the world of preventative medicine and these MEDICAL weight loss meals, which are designed for fat loss and metabolic health, and improving lifestyle based illnesses are recommended by a doctor, uniquely and exclusively available through a doctor and then monitored by the doctor through regular follow up appointments.
WHAT'S THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE DOC'S MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS MEALS?
Rather than tape measures and ordinary scales, our doctors use your individual biometrics results using the latest advanced bio-electrical impedance analysis which provides the highest level of clinical accuracy to calorie and portion control our weight loss meals to you. Based on your biometrics our Doctors can now reliably recommend a daily calorie intake per day that will see you drop your fat and achieve your weight loss or health goal.
This approach to fat loss has also been incredibly successful because your body composition results gives you a true indicator of your inner health and, when monitored over time, and shows the significant impact of the fat loss program that our Doctors uniquely provide.
Unlike others, our Doctors measure and closely monitor your ‘body fat’, ‘viceral fat’ and ‘muscle mass’ and ‘BMR’ as the key biometrics to ensuring a lighter and healthier you. A person with a high metabolism burns more calories at rest than a person with a low metabolism.
Maintaining your lean muscle mass is vital for fat loss because as your muscle mass increases, the rate at which you burn energy (calories) increases (your basal metabolic rate (BMR)). Maintaining your muscle with appropriate strength / resistance training will help maintain, and hopefully improve your BMR. We recommend that you consult an exercise physician to help you put a plan together to improve your lean muscle and health.
Our Doctors will give you the tools you need to transform your health, your habits, and make longer lasting lifestyle changes.
WHEN TO BEGIN?
If you’re overweight or have with a lifestyle based disease, including diabetes, heart disease, cardio vascular disease, sleep apnea, obesity, high blood pressure, cholesterol or any other chronic disease, our team of experienced Doctors are very well placed to help change and improve these.
Our successes so far have included resolution of Type 2 Diabetes and impaired glucose intolerance, improvements in hypertension, improvements in lipid profiles, reduction of body fat, improvements in lean muscle mass, and improvements in metabolic syndrome. All of these have been improved with our food and our program and the utilisation of appropriate exercise regimes.
HOW ARE THE DOC'S WEIGHT LOSS MEALS DIFFERENT?
- Our Doctors can now recommend a daily calorie intake that is personalised to you and your body composition to ensure that your weight loss or health goals are reached. The number of calories you should be eating to lose weight isn’t just based on a standard chart. It’s based on your individual biometrics. Our Kitchen then creates your weight loss meals based on what our Doctors recommend.
- Our Doctors now have the unique ability to measure and monitor fat loss vs overall weight loss. Unfortunately, weight loss can mean losing both fat and muscle mass, which can slow your metabolism and make it harder to lose weight over the long term, and sometimes easier to regain fat in the future.
- Our Doctors have the distinct ability to accommodate many food intolerances and provide a complete gluten free, dairy free, vegan, pescatarian, vegetarian, and Mediterranean meals for weight loss.
- Our Doctors will give you the tools you need to transform your habits, and make longer lasting lifestyle changes. Our aim is not to have you on the Doc's weight loss meals for a long period as it is not intended to be a long term meal replacement plan. It is intended to be used as a short to medium tool with professional guidance so you start to live, eat and experience appropriate portion controlled and nutritionally complete food on a daily basis.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Book in with one of our participating Doctors to access the Doc's weight loss meals. During your consult, our Doctors analyse the composition of your body, and use your individual biometrics and any other necessary tests, to calorie and portion control our weight loss meals to you. Everyone’s metabolic rate is different and so too is their health, which is why our medical and highly personalised approach will ensure that your weight loss meals are right for you. Please enquire with the relevant Doctor / medical centre as to the fees for the initial consult. You may be eligible for a medicare rebate.
- After your consult with a Doc you'll receive an email giving you access to order the weight loss meals that have been recommended and prescribed to you. The Doc’s weight loss meals consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner (and snacks if needed) or a combination depending on your Doctor's recommendation. You will receive meals for 5 days out of 7 days to help you make your new weight, your permanent weight. From the very first week you will start to live, eat and experience appropriate portion controlled and nutritionally complete food on a daily basis. Doing it on your own for at least 2 days a week will help make your changes permanent and has significantly contributed to the success of our patients losing the fat and keeping it off in the long term. The meals on the Doc's weight loss meal plans are calorie controlled and therefore set because they are created to meet certain calorie requirements based on what our Doctors prescribe. For this reason, it is not possible for any of the meals to be swapped or changed out of the set menu plan otherwise it will alter the calorie count.
- Check in with your Doctor once a fortnight to help ensure that you're on track with your weight or health goals and that you are burning maximal amounts of fat, improving your metabolism without compromising your lean muscle. Your fortnightly follow ups with the Doctor are a really important part of ensuring your success.
WHAT IF I ORDER LESS THAN 3 MEALS A DAY?
The total calorie intake (e.g. 1500 calories per day) is based on you ordering breakfast, lunch and dinner and or snacks. If you order less than breakfast, lunch, dinner and or snacks (or as prescribed by your Doctor), you'll need to make up the calories to the prescribed level with your own food. We recommend that you track your calories and you can download the free calorie tracker APP on your phone called "myfitnesspal" to ensure that you do not exceed the prescribed calorie intake per day to reach your goals.
WHY ARE THE DOC'S WEIGHT LOSS MEALS ONLY 5 DAYS?
The Doc’s weight loss meal plans are not intended to be a long term meal replacement plan. It is intended to be a short to medium term educational service with professional guidance so that people can start to live, eat and experience appropriate portion controlled and nutritionally complete food on a daily basis.
We generally provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for 5 out of 7 days to encourage you to start putting into practice from the very first week what you have been seeing, eating and living on the previous 5 days with the Doc’s weight loss meals. We have found that encouraging the changing of behaviours in this way and getting you to do it on your own for at least 2 days a week has significantly contributed to the success of our patients losing the fat and keeping it off in the long term.
WHY CAN'T I SWAP MEALS ON THE DOC'S WEIGHT LOSS MEAL PLANS?
The weight loss meals are based on the total amount of calories that you Doctor has been prescribed. Changing meals within the set weight loss plans as displayed online will impact the calorie intake per day. For this reason, and to ensure that we deliver what your Doctor has prescribed, it is not possible to change meals within the set weight loss meal plans.
Our Doctors will give you the tools you need to transform your habits, and make longer lasting lifestyle changes. Our aim is not to have you on the Doc's weight loss meals for a long period and hopefully over the weeks you can cut out breakfast, and then lunch and then dinner and do this on your own using your experience of eating our meals and using them as a tool to help you change your habits for the long term.
WHAT IS VICERAL FAT & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO REDUCE IT?
Your visceral fat is located deep in the core abdominal area, surrounding and protecting the vital organs. Even if your weight and body fat remains constant, as you get older the distribution of fat changes and is more likely to shift to the abdominal area. Our Docs will help you reach a healthier level of visceral fat which directly reduces the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure and may delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
WHAT IS BODY FAT & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO REDUCE IT?
You body fat percentage which is the proportion of fat to the total body weight. The energy, or calories, your body needs comes from what you eat and drink. Energy is burned through physical activity and general bodily functions. If you consume the same number of calories as you burn, all the calories are converted into energy. But, if you consume more than you burn, excess calories are stored in fat cells. If this stored fat is not converted into energy later, it creates excess body fat.